May 15–28, 2015
|Organized by:||Darb 1718
|Address:||Kasr El Sham3 Street, Al Fakhareen – Old Cairo
Handmade Leather Workshop
Course dates: Friday, 15th of May to Thursday, 28th of May (10 Sessions)
Each Friday from 7pm to 10 pm and Saturdays from 10 am to1pm
Course Description: Natural leather course, intermediate level
- Session 1: Intro & getting to know the kinds of leather & tools used
- Session 2:Field trip to get to know markets
- Session 3: Technique "stitch texture" & "protruding & sunken"
- Session 4: Techniques "burn", "coloring"
- Session 5: Techniques" Filtre skin & dantelle & Gold glaze" " gumming,stitching, and body making"
Session 6: Individual project- Part 1 "pattern making"
- Session 7:Individual project- Part 2 " techniques and assembly"
- Session 8:Individual project – Part 3" finishing"
- Session 9:Mural -Part 1
- Session 10: Mural -Part 2
About the instructor:
The practitioner of this course is Radwa Youssef; one who started the craft as a hobby-seeker and refused to leave it to that.
She delivered the course 3 times at El tahrir Lounge " the social development arm of the German foreign affairs ministry in Egypt ", the course has also been delivered 4 times at Beit El-Raseef.
Course Fees: 1755 LE
Course fees include drillers and burners for the group, excluding any other materials.
Instructor will take participants on a field trip to buy the required materials.
For registration, please fill in the form and submit it before 14th of May, 2015:
Please note that booking will be confirmed by paying course fees before Thursday, 14th of May, 2015.
For inquiries please call: 01001702145
Registration Sunday to Thursday between 12 pm and 7 pm.
Darb 1718 Contemporary Art and Culture Center
Kasr El Sham3 Street, Al Fakhareen – Old Cairo, Behind the Hanging Church and Amr Mosque